“Dangerous Situations: Handling Real Challenges and Keeping Everyone Safe”
Part of the Library 2.0 “Essential Librarian” Series with Dr. Steve Albrecht
A 60-minute training webinar presented by Library 2.0 and hosted by ALA author and library service, safety, and security expert, Dr. Steve Albrecht.
Sometimes library employees are faced with a situation that goes beyond awkward or difficult and is potentially, or actually, dangerous. These can be behaviors that are outside policies, are not allowed in your Code of Conduct, are illegal, or are even worse.
We all hope that we will not have to face demanding mental health crises, seriously-problematic substance abuse, violent behavior, a bomb threat, an active shooter, or some other real emergency, but we need to be prepared to keep ourselves and our patrons safe if we do.
This overview session on how to respond step-by-step to dangerous situations in the library is another in our “Essential Librarian Series,” designed to be shown to new staff and leaders and to provide a refresher for all who work in the library. A discussion guide, as well as the presentation slides, will be available to all who participate.
DATE: Thursday, March 31, 2022, at 2:00 pm Eastern Time
- $99/person – includes any-time access to the recording and the presentation slides and to receive a participation certificate. To arrange group discounts (see below), to submit a purchase order, or for any registration difficulties or questions, email [email protected]
- FREE for those on individual or group all-access passes (see below).
TO REGISTER: Click HERE. You will first need to be a member of Library 2.0 (free) and be logged in. Please click “Sign Up” on the top right and we’ll approve you quickly. You can pay by PayPal or credit card, and will receive immediate and permanent access to the webinar recording. If you have any trouble registering for a webinar, if you need to be invoiced, or if you have any questions, please email [email protected] NOTE: please check your spam folder if you don’t receive your confirmation email right away.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES (email [email protected] to arrange):
- Multiple individual log-ins and access from the same organization paid together: $75 each for 3+ registrations, $65 each for 5+ registrations.
- The ability to show the webinar (live or recorded) to a group located in the same physical location or in the same virtual meeting from one log-in: $299.
- Large-scale institutional access for viewing with individual login capability: $499 (hosted either at Library 2.0 or in Niche Academy).
- All-access annual passes include access to the recordings of all of Dr. Albrecht’s previous Library 2.0 webinars, plus live and recorded access to his new webinars for one year. These are hosted either at Library 2.0 or Niche Academy (if preferred).
- For a $499 individual all-access annual pass to all of Dr. Albrecht’s live webinars and recordings for one year, please click here.
- Inquiries for all-access organizational contracts should be directed to [email protected]
Since 2000, Dr. Steve Albrecht has trained thousands of library employees in 25+ states, live and online, in service, safety, and security. His programs are fast, entertaining, and provide tools that can be put to use immediately in the library workspace with all types of patrons. In 2015, the ALA published his book, Library Security: Better Communication, Safer Facilities. He is currently writing the sequel, The Safe Library: Keeping Staff and Patrons Secure in a Changing World.
Steve holds a doctoral degree in Business Administration (D.B.A.), an M.A. in Security Management, a B.A. in English, and a B.S. in Psychology. He is board-certified in HR, security management, employee coaching, and threat assessment.
He has written 24 books on business, security, and leadership topics. He lives with seven dogs, two cats, and three chickens.