“10 Library Company Myths Every single Librarian Should really Obstacle”
Portion of the Library 2. Collection with Dr. Steve Albrecht
10 Library Provider Myths – is it time to query what we feel we by now know about getting care of patrons’ demands in the library? This overview session is an additional in our “Essential Librarian Series,” for all library personnel and library leaders to take into consideration sure longhand beliefs about serving patrons that want much more thought. A dialogue tutorial, as perfectly as the presentation slides, will be obtainable to all who take part.
This 60-moment teaching webinar is offered by Library 2. and hosted by ALA author and library assistance, security, and safety qualified, Dr. Steve Albrecht.
We are going to explore how quite a few of these 10 support principles you have approved, taken to be true, or even rationalized:
- The Shopper Is Usually Correct.
- The Golden Rule is a great rule of thumb.
- Multi-tasking though assisting patrons will save us time and exertion.
- Smiling and utilizing a patron’s identify quite a few instances in the conversation is a very good thought.
- It’s in no way all right to notify patrons “no” and stop serving to them you are finished when they are carried out.
- Great assistance abilities just cannot be taught you possibly have them or you never.
- When picking to employ the service of a assistance staff with encounter as opposed to enthusiasm, employ the service of for knowledge.
- You just cannot resolve an employee’s lousy provider frame of mind.
- Library workers are not permitted to be blunt and direct with patrons.
- Providing incorrect information and facts to a patron is not that significant of a deal we all make problems.
Day: Friday, July 29, 2022, at 2:00 pm US – Jap Time
- $99/person – incorporates any-time accessibility to the recording and the presentation slides and obtaining a participation certification. To arrange group special discounts (see below), to submit a obtain get, or for any registration challenges or concerns, email [email protected]
- Totally free for individuals on personal or group all-obtain passes (see underneath).
TO Sign up:
Simply click In this article to pay. You can fork out there by credit rating card, and will get an electronic mail in just a day with details on how to attend the webinar live and then your long-lasting entry to the webinar recording. If you have any difficulty registering for a webinar, if you need to have to be invoiced or pay out by examine, or if you have any concerns, please email [email protected] Note: be sure to check your spam folder if you never acquire your affirmation e mail suitable away.
Distinctive Team RATES (email [email protected] to set up):
- Several particular person log-ins and access from the identical group compensated jointly: $75 each and every for 3+ registrations, $65 each individual for 5+ registrations. Endless and non-expiring entry for those people log-ins.
- The skill to show the webinar (reside or recorded) to a team found in the same physical area or in the identical digital assembly from one particular log-in: $299.
- Large-scale institutional accessibility for viewing with specific login capability: $499 (hosted possibly at Library 2. or in Niche Academy). Unlimited and non-expiring obtain for those log-ins.
- All-accessibility once-a-year passes consist of unlimited entry to the recordings of all of Dr. Albrecht’s preceding Library 2. webinars, furthermore dwell and recorded access to his new webinars for one calendar year. These are hosted possibly at Library 2. or Area of interest Academy (if desired).
- For a $499 personal all-obtain yearly go to all of Dr. Albrecht’s live webinars and recordings for one particular year, remember to click below.
- Inquiries for all-entry organizational contracts should be directed to [email protected]
Due to the fact 2000, Dr. Steve Albrecht has skilled 1000’s of library workforce in 28+ states, dwell and on-line, in company, basic safety, safety, and supervision. His applications are fast, entertaining, and supply applications that can be place to use promptly in the library workspace with all forms of patrons. In 2015, the ALA printed his ebook, Library Security: Improved Communication, Safer Services. He is presently producing the sequel, The Secure Library: Keeping Consumers, Staff members, and Collections Safe, for Rowman & Littlefield.
Steve holds a doctoral degree in Business Administration (D.B.A.), an M.A. in Security Management, a B.A. in English, and a B.S. in Psychology. He is board-licensed in HR, safety administration, worker coaching, and menace evaluation.
He has prepared 24 guides on business, stability, and leadership subjects. He lives with six canines, two cats, and a few chickens. (Not all in the exact same space, of program.)
WEBINAR RECORDINGS Readily available: